Everything is open in the eyes of God. There is a song that goes like this:
You cannot hide it from God
You may cover your sins that the world may not see it,
but, you cannot hide it from God
God loves it when we run to Him, when we mess up or when we feel overwhelmed. He, therefore, gives us grace. Grace is a free unmerited favor of God. For example, when God saves sinners and the bestows blessings upon them. Grace is also the divine ability given by God. And mercy means compassion.
Everything is Open, to the Word of God
Hebrews 4:12-16 New Living Translation( Emphasis mine)
12 For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable. Naked, meaning open.
- When we read the Word of God, meditate on it and allow it to work on us, God deals with our impurities
- For we cannot hide anything from God, our total issues are open before Him
- His Word is alive and powerful. And sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword. It cuts between soul and spirit, joint and marrow. Thereby exposing our innermost thoughts. The main purpose of this is not to find fault and condemn, but to deal away with impurities.
- Not being able to hide anything from God is a good thing. He is not desiring to punish us but to cleanse us. He wants us to acknowledge Him, and be an open book intentionally before Him.
Christ Is Our High Priest
14 So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe.
- So then, since or for that reasons or as a result of or hence or accordingly
- so then comes after the Scripture which says the Word of God a) is powerful b) alive c) sharper than the double-edged sword d) cutting between soul and spirit e) bone and marrow f) and it exposes innermost thoughts and desires.
- we hold firmly onto our faith( our belief in God), why
- we have a great High Priest Jesus.
let’s see why the High priest is significant :
15 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. 16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.
- This High Priest understands our weaknesses, why?
- He faced ALL of the same testings we do/He empathize
- Faced ALL temptations we face but never sinned, thereby
- We have the assurance that He can help us overcome our weaknesses
- God’s grace is enough for us. For, His strength is made perfect in our weakness( God’s strength is manifest when we are weak because He is our strength) 2 Corinthians 12:9. Meaning God strengthens us in our weaknesses, showing it’s not us doing the work of God or succeeding. But the strength of God enabling us.
- we can go to the throne of grace boldly because we know Jesus is not here to judge us but to give us grace when we go to Him
- boldly meaning with confidence, without fear, or wavering
- Hebrews 11:6-And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that God exists and that He rewards those who diligently seek Him. Therefore,seeking-god-rewards.
In Other Words:
- The God that sees, and knows everything
- whose word can penetrate every aspect of a human being
- knows how to deal with you
- He knows how to deal with even your deepest secrets of the heart
- And when you go to God through Jesus Christ, goes grants you grace and mercy
- Grace and mercy: divine enablement/unmerited favor/and is merciful
- This does not mean he condones sin in any way, but when you sin you need to run to Him, not from Him
- ’cause He knows everything, anywhere
God does not want us to go to Him only when we have needs though. He wants to hang out with us. To fellowship with us as we thank and praise Him. And when we read and meditating on the Word. As you read the Word, it washes you.