One perfect sacrifice — sacrificing is to do something for another, whilst forgoing one’s comfort.
We have somebody, who relinquished his personal privileges, for our sakes. Although He was the son of God, He did not consider being equal with God, as something to cling on, but humbled himself till the death of the cross. Philippians 2:5-8.
Jesus left the riches of heaven, became one of us to die for us, in order to bring us back to the father.
John 3:16 says, For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son. And WHOSOEVER believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life. The gospel of the kingdom of God is free for all.
You don’t have to clean yourself up before you come to God. Come as you are, He is the one that will clean you up.
The life of the body is in the blood. Leviticus 17:11. He lost his blood and died to save us. When we accept the suffering He endured for us on the cross, we receive salvation. His blood, His life cleanses us from ALL unrighteousness.
In the Old Testament, they would offer a ram that was spotless, no deformities or impurities. When Cain killed his brother Abel, The Bible says the blood of Abel spoke from the ground. Genesis 4:10. It spoke of vengeance, the blood of bulls and goats spoke of covering of sin.
The blood of Jesus
That of Jesus speaks forgiveness of sin, cleansing, redemption, opening a way for us, to come to the throne of grace, with boldness in times of need.
Since Adam sinned, we all have sinned and fell short of the glory of God. But you can get restoration from God.
- You receive Jesus, by believing in his blood. That He shed it for the remission (forgiveness) of your sins. Matthew 26: 28 and Hebrews 9:22.
- Your sins are now washed. You are then, restored to a place of glory, and fellowship with God.
- You are justified ( God considers you innocent as if you never sinned) Romans 5:9
- You have peace with God. Colossians 1:20
- Are made holy and set apart for God. Holy…..? Absolutely yes, ’cause the Bible says so. Hebrews 13:12
- You now, can come to God boldly Hebrews 4:16
One Perfect sacrifice-Jesus Christ
- Perfect—-having all the necessary qualities or characteristics. Jesus also was blameless (without fault) Hebrews 4:14
- He was born as humanity Philippians 2: 7; Galatians 4:4
- He faced all kinds of trials just like us, therefore understands us Hebrews 4:15
- Therefore, we can go to Him in times of need and receive mercy and grace Hebrews 4:16
Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice: For salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to humanity by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Indeed Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God, is the perfect and ultimate sacrifice.