God’s grace is available to us. Hebrews 4:14-16 New Living Translation
14. So then, since we have a great high Priest, who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God. Let us hold firmly to what we believe.15. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses. For he faced ALL of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin.16.So, let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help when we need it most.
Looking at these three Scriptures, there are several important key facts. Once we get those facts, we get what the scriptures mean.
God’s grace-A great High Priest
- since we have a great High Priest.
- who has entered heaven(Jesus Christ)
- let us hold firmly to what we believe
Because we have a great High Priest Jesus Christ who has entered heaven. Let us hold firm to what we believe. Because of this statement, I expect more information about this.
Let’s get to 15.
- This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses
- because He faced the same testings/temptations we are facing
- yet, He did not sin. Therefore, He is the ultimate-sacrifice
Jesus sympathizes with our weaknesses. ‘Cause he has been tempted in everywhere possible. But was sinless. Thereby qualifying to be the Great High Priest. When we come to Him his offers grace and mercy.
Come to the throne of Grace with confidence
- So, let us come to the throne of grace in confidence/without wavering/boldly
- at his throne, we will receive mercy and grace in time of need. For seeking-god-rewards
- for what reason-to help us in times of great needy. So the reason we go to God in times of need is to receive mercy and grace(help/divine enablement/help) God gives enablement to conquer sin. And the ability to maneuver troubled waters.
- God gives mercy(He pardons). God is gracious and merciful to us because Jesus the mediator understands us. It’s not like he condones sin, but when we sin we know Jesus is there for us. It’s not only about sin, but any kind of need….do you need wisdom, healing, do you have a habit you can’t break. Go….to God…to His grace…and He will fulfill you. Run to God, not away from Him. Grace in time of need. Meaning when you need God’s help.God’s ability to go through life. He is eager to help.
God’s grace /His throne
Then we go to Hebrews 10:19-22
- Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have the confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus
20.by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is his body.
- Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with FULL assurance that faith brings
These are the main points from the above scripture
- 19…. We have the confidence to enter the Most Holy place by the blood of Jesus
- 20…..the way of the blood of Jesus is the new way(before it was the blood of animals, in the Old covenant)
- A living way
- a new and living way opened, by the body of Jesus(that’s the curtain). For when Jesus cried out and gave up his spirit in Matthew 27:50. The curtain that divided the Holy Place from The Most Holy Place tore from top to bottom. This opened up the most Holy Spirit Matthew 27:51. In the same way, the body of Jesus was torn. It opened a way for us to come to the throne of God.
- We have a Great High Priest over us
- Therefore, let us draw near to God with full assurance /confidence/without wavering/with a sincere heart
- Faith brings confidence
God’s grace assures us
So basically, my friends, God’s goodness (mercy plus grace) assures us. His grace and mercy assure us that when we come to Him, He does not chase us away. He has already made a provision for us. The Highest Priest(Jesus Christ) He is the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to God except by/through Him. Jesus prays for you and me.
24. but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood.
25. Therefore he is able to save completely. Those who come to God through him. Because He always lives to intercede for them.
Don’t fear God, but reverence Him & run to Him
Because of the above knowledge, don’t be in terror of God. But reverence Him. He is not finding ways to find you guilty. But He has provided a way, for you to come to Him with confidence. Yes, it’s His mercy and grace. The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning. God’s grace and mercy are unmerited/undeserved. But because of His love, He lavishes humanity. The Lord is longsuffering toward us. He does not want anyone to perish but to come to the knowledge of Christ. 2 Peter 3:9. Salvation is not of works. You don’t earn salvation by your good works. It is of faith. Have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Will, you accept-invitation? The good works that you do after salvation come by because God is working in you. He is working in you for His good pleasure. For you are His workmanship, created for good works in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that you should walk in them.